One thing people don’t often think about is whether they should use an agent to sell their house. Many just assume that they will. But, using an agent is not required! Here are some things to consider before deciding to use an agent.
- An agent can determine an appropriate price for your home by analyzing comparable sales in the area.
- They can list your home on the market (on the MLS), which gives it broad exposure. Although you can do this yourself, their experience will usually lead to a better listing.
- They have experience in handling all of the negotiations and legal paperwork involved.
- You will have to pay them approximately 6% of the sale price as a commission.
- It can be difficult to find an agent who you trust and who will work hard for you.
- If selling on the market, you may need to prepare the house for showings (by making repairs, etc.) and then hold an open house. If selling off-market, your agent’s pool of buyers is usually limited to select clients within the brokerage.
Whether you decide to use an agent or not, feel free to contact us to see how we can work with you!