When you are letting people into your house for a showing, you want it to look as good as possible. Why? Because people tend to buy houses based on emotion, and having a perfect-looking house will make them fall in love with it.
Hiding cords and wires goes a long way towards this. Therefore, to make your house stand out from all the others, potentially receiving multiple offers and a higher sale price, consider these tips:
- Use cord covers and channels to hide cords and wires along walls, baseboards, and even across the floor. There are many different kinds to choose from to match your house, and some can even be painted.
- Use small adhesive cord clips to hold cords and wires in place around walls and furniture.
- Position furniture in front of outlets and cords to hide them.
- Place rugs over cords and wires that run along the floor.
- Some power strips come with a cord management feature that allows you to wrap cords around the strip to keep them organized.
- Consider using wireless technology to eliminate cords altogether. Wireless speakers, keyboards, and mice are quite common these days.
As you can see, these tips are easy and inexpensive to implement. The organization and neatness implied by having no cords or wires visible can make a big difference in the selling process.
If you would rather sell as-is, feel free to contact us to see what we can do for you!